Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify needs to fix iOS link for safari

Spotify needs to fix iOS link for safari

Whenever I try and open a link on my iphone of a spotify song or playlist, it directs me to the apple store instead of opening the spotify application.  I'm so sick of this not working and then going on the forums and seeing that this is happening to others as well but no fix. If I dont see a fix before the end of the year im makeing the switch to apple music. 

Sad face. 

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Also, make sure you've got installed all the latest updates, I just tried to open a playlist link on my end and it goes straight to the app not to the App Store 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey Hey, 

Thank you for trying to help. I did all that you recommended still being brought to the apple store and not the spotify application. 

I've tried everything, was on phone with iphone support last night for a half hour and no luck. I can take the link, copy it, put it into chrome and it works but when i click the link out of my imessages it sends me to the app store. 

Spotify Version: 8.4.79

iOS: 12.1.1 (16C50)

Hey @stevedeb,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

That's strange though. Does this happen if you try to open a link from Safari, let's say a popular Spotify playlist?

Also, does this happen in every app you try it from or is specific to a single or two apps?

Thanks!

It happens with any link, instagram, imessages, groupme, twitter you name it will direct me to safari and then safari will open app store.... 

Hey @stevedeb,

Just to confirm, the link is taking you to the 'download Spotify app' section in the Apple Store and not somewhere else, right?

What kind of link are you clicking/tapping (either a screenshot or a copy/paste of the link will do)?

Please let me know 🙂

Suggested posts