Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify no longer syncs new songs I've requested to download

Spotify no longer syncs new songs I've requested to download

For some reason Spotify no longer downloads songs I wish to listen to offline on my iPhone 6. (IOS software up to date). Originally I though this was due to an issue with my old iPhone 6, however I'm now using a brand new one and I'm still having the same issue. I have over 28gb of space left also, so can't be due to that. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
6 Replies

Have you set it to download over cellular if you are on wifi?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Download over cellular is off at the moment. Using wifi to attempt to download, but not working.

Hey @Alexa1591

Can you please let me know the error message you're receivng when you try to sync songs for offline use? 

No error message im afraid. When Spotify does download it will start with the downloading bar at the top of the app "downloading 4 out of 657" and after it gets through about 9-18 songs it just stops. After that, nothing else is downloaded despite still being on wifi and having the app open. I've got plenty of space left to download more. I wasn't initially realising it was doing this until I tried to play a particular track on my phone whilst offline and it was still in a pending download state.

@Alexa1591

Hmm. could you please check if you've reached the 3,333 offline limit? 

It's also worth a shot to check here if you have duplicate devices. 

@Alexa1591

If you see 3 offline devices on that webpage, I recommend that you remove all your offline devices. Then reinstall the app. Once you've done that, you should then be able to sync your songs without any problem. Provided that you haven't reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device.

Suggested posts