Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not Optimized for iPhone XS Max

Solved!

Spotify not Optimized for iPhone XS Max

Good evening, I bought a new iPhone XS Max and downloaded the app just fine. Everything worked perfectly - the font was ideal, fonts were not too large and the general app fit perfectly with the size of the screen. I then decided to restore and backup my data from my old iPhone 6 Plus. Spotify was downloaded, and all of a sudden all fonts and everything around the app became enlarged. The font was also not as neat as before, becoming thicker and the size increased tremendously - exactly as if the iPhone 6 Plus app has been downloaded and stretched over an iPhone XS Max screen. I have downloaded and deleted the app over and over, and even did a Software update. Nothing changes however. What do I do!?!?!?

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @couz12.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It sounds like a certain setting has been imported from your old phone. So let's check a few settings and try a thorough reinstallation using these steps:

1. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Spotify
  2. Offload the app and then Delete the app
  3. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
  4. Make sure Bold Text is off and Text size is on medium
  5. Set Display Zoom to Standard
  6. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility
  7. Turn Larger Text and Bold Text off
  8. Turn off the phone, wait 2 minutes and switch it back on
  9. Install Spotify

If it's not working, send us over a screenshot of the Spotify app and another screenshot where everything looks fine.

As for @voskot and @Hendrik94,

Could you please create a new topic about the issue you are experiencing? We'll be able to help further there. The user that started the topic seems to have a slightly different issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi! 

Thanks for writing about your issue. It seems to me that the application was working fine when you downloaded it from the App Store on iPhone XS Max. However, you said that after restoring your backup on your new iPhone, the app was not looking as it should be. Did you erase your iPhone XS Max before restoring your backup? It isn’t possible to restore a backup unless you erase your iPhone XS Max. From what I gather, you have passed through the initial setup without restoring your backup. Check the (Apple) Support website for more details (unfortunately I can’t include the link to the website since Spotify has blocked it)

I would suggest that you erase your iPhone XS Max again, if you did before, and restore your backup from iTunes or iCloud, whichever you used and see if the issue still occurs. If it does, do write back!

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Just make sure to install the latest updates, no need to full erase your device 🙂

If the issue persists try to reset all settings, too.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I, as you, see the app not optimized for the iPhone XS Max (and XR) resolution but I think it's just not optimized and that you are probably wrong to think it was at the beginning.

(To check just look at the keyboard in the Spotlight and in Spotify)

IMG_1595.jpgIMG_1596.png

this is so annoying it takes Years fot them to fit the App for the Xs Max.... over 2 months now... 

This isnt most likely an issue with spotify, it might be that the font size on your old iPhone was set to high, or bold. Try going into settings and searching for font size, and change it to smaller (this will require you to restart your iPhone). Try that as is seems to be the most likely issue and let me know if it dosent work.

Thank you but I know what an optimized app is like. This is not

>From my experiences Spotify is preety optimized. Not very optimized but
still fine. I got the iPhone X in late December and everything was fine by
then but to wait 3 months for an optimization isnt understandable. Of
course it could just be a minor glitch in the app or the problems I
mentioned above.

It is not Optimized for iPhone Xr and Xs Max!!

It is just a stupid zoomed Version of the X... 

Hi, I’m not saying the app is not working fine, I’m just saying that there is something they do (or don’t) that prevents the app from using the actual resolution of the XS, but the resolution of the X and then scaling it up. Of course, the display has a very high density, so it is not a *big* issue. It is a problem, at least for me, because the app is regularly updated with *empty* changelogs (except for the watch app, which, by the way, Doesn’t work on the newest watches) and it looks like they don’t care

*XS Max

sorry for the double post

So wait, you are telling me that the quality is bad? I will prioritize this
issue and a profsssional will help you.

Well, if this can be prioritized, I think it should. Thank you. If you want I can try a beta version of the app

Thank you as well, there are a lot of people who get mad in these
situations, but you handled it very well. Sadly, I dont know much about
optimization, so this issue has been handed to another more specialized
person.
Have a good day, hopefully your issue is resolved quickly!

Marked as solution

Hey @couz12.

Thanks for getting in touch.

It sounds like a certain setting has been imported from your old phone. So let's check a few settings and try a thorough reinstallation using these steps:

1. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Spotify
  2. Offload the app and then Delete the app
  3. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness
  4. Make sure Bold Text is off and Text size is on medium
  5. Set Display Zoom to Standard
  6. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility
  7. Turn Larger Text and Bold Text off
  8. Turn off the phone, wait 2 minutes and switch it back on
  9. Install Spotify

If it's not working, send us over a screenshot of the Spotify app and another screenshot where everything looks fine.

As for @voskot and @Hendrik94,

Could you please create a new topic about the issue you are experiencing? We'll be able to help further there. The user that started the topic seems to have a slightly different issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Suggested posts