Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not connecting over cellular

Spotify not connecting over cellular

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8 plus

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

For about a week now my Spotify shows "Connecting..." At the bottom of the app whenever I am not connected to a wifi network. I have restarted my phone, deleted the app and reinstalled. Thankfully I gave plenty of songs saved offline, but this issue prevents me from listening to anything but those songs. Nothing seems to help the issue. Is anyone else having this problem? What else can I try to fix it?

13 Replies

Hey @Jmphilen, welcome to the Community

Hope you're doing great!

Have you checked if Spotify is allowed to use Mobile Data by going into Settings>Mobile Data and see if the switch is toggled on for Spotify.

Also, check in your Restrictions if you have them enabled.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have checked all those settings. Cellular data is on and no restrictions.
Still no luck!

Hey @Jmphilen,

Sorry that it didn't work!

Is Spotify the only app having this connection issue?

I'd suggest resetting your Network Settings by going into Settings>General>Reset.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I found the issue and thought I would share in case anyone else comes across this. I had downloaded an app "Nielsen Computers" I believe. The app is one of those that supposedly pays you to use your phone and runs in the background. I deleted the app and all of the "profiles" it installed on my phone. Now Spotify works like it's supposed to! 

I was having this issue as well and nothing seemed to solve it until I went to settings > general and reset all settings ( it doesn’t delete any content) and then when I tried turning on spotify on cellular data like normal it worked!

In my case settings seemed to be okay but after toggling off and on spotify over cellular setting the problem was gone.

I am facing the same issue. 

The footer tab says “Connecting...” It was working fine before, I don’t understand what the problem is!! Can anyone fix my problem?

• ODid you find a solution?

No.. not yet!!

I was able to fix my problem but it's been so long now I can't remember
what the fix was. I know it was a setting in either Spotify or my iPhone
settings...I want to say it was iphone settings but not certain. Sorry I
couldn't be more helpful.

I had the same problem on iPhone Spotify Premium. The app connects to wifi network. In my case, on cellular network, the app actually connects to the network partially. It loads the home page and everything. It never shows the network problem message. But at the bottom side of the app, there's "connecting" message. The songs I have already listened online (not downloaded for offline use) are loaded and I can listen them. But the new songs which I haven't listened yet, don't load.

After restart it would resolve only to recur after some time. Any other method like resetting network or all settings didn't help. So, I used another SIM with different cellular network and the app connected to cellular network immediately. Then I replaced the SIM with previous one. Now, for the time being the app has connected to the network. Will update if the problem still recurs. Otherwise consider my problem solved.

So, the problem arises again. And the cellular network problem is with my regular SIM only. With other SIMs there's no issue. Also, when regular SIM is installed after using other SIM, the network problem disappears. Maybe the culprit is the concerned SIM.

by any chance are your phone connected with vpn? If so it may be the problem, because I also face the same problem and the cause is vpn

Suggested posts