Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not playing through iPhone speakers / Not stopping when disconnected from power -- iOS 8

Spotify not playing through iPhone speakers / Not stopping when disconnected from power -- iOS 8

I have an iPhone 5 and recently upgraded to iOS 8 with the latest Spotify app update.

I can play Spotify through my dock connector (car) and through bluetooth speakers, but music doesn't play through the iPhone's speakers.

The iPhone isn't even listed as a source in the menu where you select the device you want to play from...it currently only lists my bluetooth devices and the dock connector.

Also...Spotify continues streaming music when you disconnect from a power source. Of course, I can't hear it continue to play because it won't play through the iPhone's speakers. This is a problem for car use. Before this update, when I turned the car off or disconnected it from any other power source, Spotify would pause. This is a standard operating procedure for iOS devices. I consumed an hours worth of cellular data this morning before I noticed this. No telling how much I've used in the last few days.

1 Reply

Speaker problem solved...for now. I did a hard re-set and it now plays through iPhone speakers, so this is likely an iOS 8 issue.

Still need a solution for the music to stop playing when power is disconnected from the device, though.

Suggested posts