Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not seeing iTunes songs

Spotify not seeing iTunes songs

Hi there,

can someone please help, I’ve tried adding local files from iTunes, but it will not see the songs. I’ve tried converting file types to flac and wav but nothing. Please help

3 Replies

It's tricky (Run D.M.C.) to get local files to work. Mine are not showing up, again. I have had to move my song files, before, from one folder ( music folder within the iTunes folder) to another (downloads, I believe). Then, it showed up in the Spotify local file section. I don't even know that I moved all of the songs. I think some worked, where they were. It's annoying. I haven't messed with it, recently, because it's such a hassle.

Follow me

Thank you for your reply, I’ve tired putting them in a different file location but still nothing. It literally won’t see any files, there all greyed out, every song in iTunes 

It's no problem. I just remembered something. I remember having to play each of the song files, by opening them in iTunes. I can't explain how it worked, but is another thing that I did. I don't know if you can play multiple files, on right after the other, by selecting  a bunch, then clicking the option to open them in iTunes.

I hope someone has a solution that works for both of us, because it's annoying.

Oh, did you add the file location, in the Spotify application, that you moved the files to, on your computer?

Follow me

Suggested posts