Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on iPhone 4S

Spotify not working on iPhone 4S

I just got a couple of old iPhone 4s'es, but,  to my shock and horror, Spotify is not working on either of them. I can log into the app, I can see the browse screen. But as soon as I try to open any playlist, wether my own or Spotify's own in the browse screen - the app just freezes. Searching is also out of the question. Funnily, I can still play music if I control the app from my computer, via spotify connect. But that's highly unpractical. 

It might be that I have a lot of playlists - about 5000. Deleting them is no option. But none of them are downloaded for offline use yet, so it shouldn't be that hard on the app. 

And yes, I have tried lot's of fixes - from re-installing the app to wiping the phone (!). 

The same problem occurs on both my phones, so my question then is: what's the deal? Spotify not running on iPhone 4s any more? 

I'm using OS 9.3.1. 

3 Replies

Funny story: The same thing has started happening on my iPad. But on the iPad there's a work-around. I start using spotify connect, order my iPad to start playing a song via my computer - and then the Spotify App miraculously unfreezes and I can start using it as normal again. This only works on my iPad though - both my iPhones are still stuck dead. 

I'm starting to think that it's my account that there's something wrong with. 

I've been looking high and low for regular customer support, but can't find any. Isn't there someone I can write to (since the community seems a bit dead on the matter)?

--
EDIT: Fount my way to customer support! I found it under "About us" and not under "Help" as I thought would be logical...

You can contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you. 

I got in contact with custromer support, and they basically told me that my intricate system of folders and playlists was too much to handle for my old devices. So the morale is: if you're on an old device, keep it simple.  

Suggested posts