Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on 3G data allowance - Best Tariff?

Spotify on 3G data allowance - Best Tariff?

Hello, I have recently started using Spotify Premium (Recently as in last night) and I started using it today, I am on a 500mb tariff on O2 atm. Spotify destroyed that in 6 hours (roughly)

I was wondering if there's any UK provider that offers better data allowance for Spotify. I pretty much will be using it mobile for about 40 hours a week (160+ hours a month) So any with unlimited Spotify usage is perfect. It's pretty much the only thing I will be using 3G for.

I read of a tariff called "Orange Young" but I believe that's not available yet in UK (or ever).

Thanks for any suggestions!

4 Replies

Tesco, I believe, do a SIM-only deal, or with a budget phone, that's 1gb data for ~£10 a month.

Don't forget you can also sync 3000+ tracks for offline use, tracks which wouldn't use any data at all to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I think Giff-Gaff also have some unlimited data tariffs (SIM-only) which might be worth looking into (and reading the small print!).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Unlimited data for life!

I didn't see it mentioned, but since you seem concerned over your data usage, I would suggest you check the Settings portion in Spotify and make sure you're streaming the lowest quality audio. This will save you some data usage.

Suggested posts