Free/Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.6.1

My Question or Issue

I have a problem with my 5 series (F10, year 2014) equipped with a Professional navigator updated to the latest version available (with Harman Kardon audio system) and as a mobile phone I have an iPhone X also updated to the latest iOS. I use Spotify (always updated to the latest version available) as a music player and I have serious compatibility problems between phone and car. When I use Bluetooth streaming, the information of the track being played is not transmitted to the car screen, except for the first track played. But the most serious problems are related to streaming via USB: as soon as I connect the phone (with the original Apple cable), it shows a constant and rapid alternation of "plug-in" of the power supply, which continues indefinitely. Clearly the car does not recognize the phone so USB streaming is impossible. I took the car to an official BMW dealership where the replacement of the USB port was proposed to me. Despite this, the problems remained totally the same. So for sure the USB socket is working properly.
Reading online it seems that the most recent iOS versions are not compatible with the car's software, as explained to me by the dealership technicians.
Can you give me a definitive explanation about it, also indicating a solution?
Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

Hey there @marcoparente00,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your device and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't help, you can give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can also make sure the cache is not causing any issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check these steps.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts