Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on ipad only

Spotify on ipad only

I  would like to give my daughter (9) access to her Spotify family. account on her ipad in her room but only if I can have her use Spotify only. Like guided access and she won’t be able to navigate to anything else on her IPad. Guided access doesn’t work as I frequently find it unlocked and she has misused the ability to unlock it. Is there another way besides guided access to make this work? Is there a Spotify only device to use? App to install to make this happen or setting in Spotify?

looking for tips!!

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey @Ingeping77, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It would be more convenient to ask Apple Support as it is something related to iOS only.

However, I'd recommend checking these articles to help you restrict your kid getting out of Guided Access Mode: Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch & Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Hope it helps 🙂

I just found a way around this by using screen time on iOS 12. blocking from 0 till 23.59 and always allowing messages/phone and spotify. Just switch of screentime or adjust down time to open everything up to use.

Hey @Ingeping77,

Yes that's called Dowtime, I thought the iPad doesn't support iOS 12.

Thanks 🙂

It does, in iOS12 and up if you have set up a family account!

Hey @Ingeping77,

Yes I know I meant I didn't know if your iPad could support iOS 12 🙂

Suggested posts