Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on iphone not connecting to Sonos

Spotify on iphone not connecting to Sonos

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to connect to my Sonos speakers through the Spotify app on iOS and then a few days ago (mid-March 2020) found I could no longer connect. Spotify won't even connect to airplay. I'm on the same network as the speakers, and they don't show up (though they used to), and I can't manually add them.  

I can still connect to my Sonos speakers when I use the desktop version of Spotify, and I can play Spotify if I go through the Sonos app on my phone - so the issue seems to be the Spotify iphone app itself. 
ETA: it seems the desktop app is also having connection issues to Sonos now. 

Plan: Premium

Device: iphone 11

Operating System: iOS 13.3.1

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest checking this support article.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

not sure how that support article relates to the issue i’m having as it appears we are having two very different issues.

i have restarted.

i have deleted and reinstalled. still having issues on iPhone, though desktop app seems to have resolved itself.

Same issue here.

Desktop app (Windows) works fine - I can see my Sonos speakers. But the iPhone app no longer shows Sonos as an option for playback.

Since it worked before, I would consider this a bug in the latest iOS app (version 8.5.51.877).

Suggested posts