Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on new phone is skipping songs

Spotify on new phone is skipping songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Iphone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3

Spotify

version 8.5.41

Hi! 

I recently got a new phone and it comes with a spotify premium subscription. Upon selecting shuffle play, it just skips the songs continuously and does not play any of it. This never happened on my old phone, when I was not yet subscribed for premium. I have tried everything that I saw in the spotify community questions related to this, but sadly nothing has worked for me. However, the songs do play if I connect and listen through my macbook. I have also tried re-installing the app, restarting my phone, lowering the music quality, etc. None of these worked for me.

I hope you can help me fix this.

6 Replies

Same with me. Not only shuffle but also normal play mode and downloading the songs is not working after the update.

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Iphone XR

Operating System

iOS 13.3

Spotify

version 8.5.41.669

Same here. I have a friend with the same versions and phone as mine but she does not experience this issue. 

Same with me. Got my new phone and the spotify keeps on skipping the songs? Whats wrong with it? Tsk. 

Same with my iPad 7th generation. It keeps on skipping and none of the songs is playing? Help please. Thank you!

The same thing happened to me. After I got my new phone, I installed spotify immediately. But when I tried playing songs it would just keep on skipping. Can somebody help pls?

it worked fine now. Haha

Suggested posts