Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify open (but not playing) on a connected device changes song

Spotify open (but not playing) on a connected device changes song

This issue is between iOS and Android, but the problem surfaces in iOS.

I have an old Android device (Droid Incredible running an outdated version of CyanogenMod with the latest Spotify app) at home- as an old device, its entire purpose is as my home Spotify player. It is continuously connected to WiFi and, thus, Spotify as well; however, it tends to be dormant as I only use it evenings.

I also have an iPhone that is my primary phone / portable Spotify player.

The problem is that Spotify playback on my iPhone is somewhat randomly (but consistently, the interval just varies) interrupted and it switches over to a song I was listening to on my stereo at home previously.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Connect a device (old Android phone, in my case) to Spotify through a WiFi network

2) Play Clinic's "Walking with Thee" via the Android device (but stop after three tracks because it's late)

3) Connect a different device (new iPhone, in my case) to the same Spotify account but a different WiFi network

4) Play some music on the second device (pass some time listening to this music)

5) Play Ralph Vaughan Williams' "The Lark Ascending"

5) Observe "The Lark Ascending" getting interrupted at your favorite part and being replaced with the next song (track four) of "Walking with Thee," which is great but certainly a bit jarring.

This is not a new issue; it's been happening for a considerable amount of time now (6+ months) and I kind of hoped it would just be automatically resolved. 🙂 

Happy to provide any further information to assist in tracking down the problem.

Cheers,

Evan

1 Reply

@egoodberry I do realise this problem, but also it seems like its how the Spotify Connect protocol works.. Once a device gets on the connect platform, it will search the last played track on another device and connects to that.. So I guess its the logic of how it was done..
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts