Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify partially not working/loading on iOS 12 Beta.

Spotify partially not working/loading on iOS 12 Beta.

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPod Touch 6th Generation.

Operating System

iOS 12 Public Beta.

My Question or Issue

Ever since installing iOS 12 Public Beta on my iPod Touch, I have encountered some issues that I have previously not faced. 

Spotify seems slow to load, and some songs won`t download or even load. I feel like this could be in part due to my Wi-Fi connection or the app, but my Wi-Fis been working alright before I updated and so is the app so I think it`s my iPod. Some other problems include Cover Art/Genius Behind The Lyrics not loading/working and just a general slowdown of the app.

Just for reference, I have put Partially on the title as some functions work such as music I`ve downloaded, the experience other than that, however, mostly doesn't work.

I am currently unwilling to downgrade as it would have to involve me restoring my iPod and deleting the stuff I had on it and then restoring from a backup I made. This process is daunting and time-consuming and I don`t want to do that yet. I`m making that option a last resort. The thing I`m most concerned about is my pictures as I have run out of iCloud storage and I can`t get around that without paying extra.

Thank you for reading.

Sam.

1 Reply

Hey @commute1, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great time!

I have been using Spotify since iOS 12 Dev Beta was released 3 weeks ago and have had no issues at all. 

I guess you have tried reinstalling. Still please I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

Try to reset Network Settings and see if it fixes the problem. 

Yeah it's a bit tough that we still have 5GB of iCloud storage and I am afraid it won't change for a long time. Backing them up may help, not only for restoring your device but even from data loss. 

iOS 12 is so much better than 11 that I don't think on going back. Since you are running a Beta OS you may sign up for Spotify Beta for iOS.

Tell me how it goes then!

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Suggested posts