Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playback for downloaded songs stops after 0-10 seconds on iPhone (no solution in forms)

Solved!

Spotify playback for downloaded songs stops after 0-10 seconds on iPhone (no solution in forms)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

(Latest iOS version and Spotify version)

My Question or Issue

For the past week and a half spotify has been unable to play songs on my mobile phone past at the most 10 seconds, it just stops. It doesn’t pause, the play button is still active but it stops. After a bit of investigating I’ve come to the following conclusions:

This only happens to songs I’ve downloaded to a playlist or liked songs before this started happening, even if I’m playing them online.

Any songs I like or download afterwards this does not happen.

Tying un to the previous point, listening to an undownloaded song I’ve never listened to doesn’t cause this issue.

I’m not 100 percent sure about the validity of those statements as I only tried playing a 48 song playlist that included songs after the issue started, and trying to listen to one random song I’ve never heard before, but for the most part they seem true to my issue.

This leads me to believe it’s a download issue but I have almost 2000 songs downloaded, I would only want to reinstall Spotify or redownload everything as a last resort. Something else to note is that 1. Podcasts and downloaded episodes are not effected and 2. Right before the issue started Spotify gave me an error saying 10 new songs cant be downloaded as I don’t have enough space on my phone. I now have 9.5 GB free (64GB storage total) and don’t have any Spotify storage issues.

does anyone have a possible solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Patrickjelon ,

I'm sorry to say this, but when you already tried restarting Spotify, your phone and redownloading the songs which produce your issue, reinstalling might be the last solution.

You can find a support article on reinstalling your Spotify app here.

Let me know how it goes and

have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Patrickjelon ,

I'm sorry to say this, but when you already tried restarting Spotify, your phone and redownloading the songs which produce your issue, reinstalling might be the last solution.

You can find a support article on reinstalling your Spotify app here.

Let me know how it goes and

have a nice day!

Luke

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts