Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing random pop songs

Spotify playing random pop songs

Using iPhone 3, free account. When playing an album on shuffle, spotify will play random pop songs for the recommended songs. I've seen Britney Spears, Taylor swift, micheal Jackson, etc. when I'm playing an album by Ryan bingham or Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison who are very different from micheal Jackson. Any ideas?
2 Replies

Well you are free so spotify gets popular songs and plays them as well as your album. I don't think there's a possible way to fix this unless you have premium or unlimited.

Find a new album and see if it does the same thing. Good luck my friend!

Are you on Spotify free? If so, you will get suggested tracks injected into your playlist if it contains less than 12 artists.

Another suggestion is to go to Browse and pick playlists you like and let it shuffle.

Spotify free only gives you access to shuffle play and radio on mobile devices I'm afraid. If you want on demand playback on a mobile device you need a premium subscription. When you first sign in on a mobile device, you get a free premium trial for 48 hours to experiment with all of the features, after that your account drops down to the Spotify free level.  

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts