Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify plays songs not included in my playlist

Spotify plays songs not included in my playlist

I'm the type of person that has a select few songs that I like depending on what I'm in the mood for, so obviously when Spotify plays the wrong songs it gets very annoying. Skipping the song used to bring me back to the right songs but now it takes four to five tries to get it back. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to stop paying for premium, which means limiting my ability to skip more than five songs at a time.
2 Replies

Hi! And a warm welcome to the Spotify Community!

Please check if there aren't any 'old' songs left in your queue. These songs will played next regardless of any new playlist you started playing. 

The method to check this is slightly different on the desktop and mobile client.

Desktop > Click the 'queue' icon in between the 'lyrics' and 'shuffle' buttons.

Mobile (iOS) > Make sure music is playing and tap on the button bar where the song and artist name are displayed. Then tab on the 'queue' icon on the top right corner, there you can see what will be played next and remove songs from you queue if you want.

What's a Spotify Rock Star?

I use Spotify for iPhone mainly, so I don't have the ability to queue songs. I can on my iPad, however, but when I use my iPad I don't have that problem.

Suggested posts