Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

(iPhone X)

Operating System

(iOS 15.5)

My Question or Issue

I mainly listen to podcasts while driving to work and back and recently they've just seemed to stop working. They'll play for about 10-15 seconds then stop for a minute or two and then play again for another 10-15 seconds. This only seems to happen while listening to the Ricky Gervais podcast though on the later episodes, all the other podcasts I listen to seem to work fine. I've tried this at home on my phone too and the same issue persists while at home connected to wifi as opposed to 4G while in my car. Does anyone know a fix to this? I've tried deleting both google maps and spotify and reinstalling, as well as checking that background app refresh is turned on and all the relevant authorizations are on too. I've also restarted my phone twice and it hasnt helped, and my phone isnt in low power mode or battery saver mode and the spotify app isnt on data saver mode.

Thanks for any help!

7 Replies

Hey @AranHaywood,

Thanks for posting in the Community and all the troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

We'd also need t know if this issue is isolated to only this specific podcast or podcasts in general?

How does a different account behave on the same device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian,

It only seems to happen with the Ricky Gervais podcast, and specifially episodes I havent listened to yet. When I listen to other podcasts, even ones I havent listened to yet, it seems to work fine. I am unable to check with using someone else's account on my phone at the moment unfortunately.

It predominantly seems to happen when in the car and i notice it most when google maps has been used too, but it doesnt only occur when ive used google maps, just whenever im in my car. Once being in my car though the problem persists once my phone is stationary at home or work so unsure as to what the fix or solution could be. I've tried deleting both spotify and google maps apps and done the hard reset of the spotify app to try and rectify the issue but to no avail. 

Thanks for replying!

Hi @AranHaywood!

Next time you're in the car, you can try this out to see if it would have any effect:

1. Connect your Spotify account to Google Maps. This can be done from the app's Settings > Navigation & Other Apps.
  2. Start playback natively from the app.
  3. Enable Car mode from the app's settings.

In case the issue persists, try disconnecting your account from Google Maps by logging in to your Spotify account page and repeat the above steps.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Yordan, 

I've done all the above steps and the problem still persists. Again though its only on the Ricky Gervais podcast, all other podcasts and music that I listen to through the app at the same time works completely fine. Are there any other possible fixes?

Thanks for replying!

Hey there @AranHaywood

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending us the URIs of the episodes you've been having issues with? We'll take a closer look. 

On another note, you mentioned that you couldn't ask anyone to test this with their account. In this case, could you create a new account to test with? You can do it here. We're trying to figure out if this is account-related.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Sorry for the slow responses!

Here are a couple of the URIs of the episodes that im having this issue with: 

spotify:episode:5SM4gZfnho51igGVpMgB4Q

spotify:episode:3ZfOxplMUjp8B1Nl00tjWs

spotify:episode:2oaOj2x6XrawZzDF40PRuy

In actuality though it is from episodes TRGS S03E01 - TRGS Guide to Medicine (most recent episode i have gotten up to).

I am having the same issues on the other account i have created from your suggestion. 

Kind regards,

Aran

Hey there @AranHaywood,

Thanks for the post.

We tried playing those episodes on our end both on WiFi and mobile data with Google Maps active and switched off, but the episodes played just fine.

This sounds a lot like a network related issue. Can you let us know if this is happening when you're connected to WiFi? Alternatively you could check if the issue occurs when you have another SIM card in your phone, like that of a family member or a friend.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts