Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium not working on iPhone 5

Solved!

Spotify premium not working on iPhone 5

Spotify Premium has been working well on my iPad, iPhone and desktop for a long while. Suddently it has stopped working on my iPhone 5. I found myself logged out of the App. Now, when I log back in on the phone my playlists and music has gone and my account defaults to a free account and not a premium account.

I've read in another post that this issue can impact accounts created before 2012 (which is the case for my account).

The suggestion there is to link the account to Facebook on the desktop version and then login on the phone.

I don't particularly want to link my account to Facebook - is there an alternate resolution to this problem?

My account still shows as a Premium account on the Spotify accounts page.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Your suggestion was a good one - thanks.

Got onto @spotifycares who resolved the issue speedily. Apparently I'd somehow created a second account linked to Facebook - once that was deleted, all was good again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try those and report back when resolved.

Marked as solution

Your suggestion was a good one - thanks.

Got onto @spotifycares who resolved the issue speedily. Apparently I'd somehow created a second account linked to Facebook - once that was deleted, all was good again.

Glad that was handled for you!

Suggested posts