Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium not working on phone and still getting commercials on desktop

Solved!

Spotify premium not working on phone and still getting commercials on desktop

I just upgraded for my free trial of spotify premium, and when I go to the account section, it says it's activated and I got a reciept from paypal.  But on my desktop, I am still getting commercials, and on my iphone 4s it says only premium users can stream music.  I ahve an account through facebook and I have logged in and out of everything, deleted and re-downloaded the app on my phone, and nothing seems to be working.  Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Judging by the amount of posts about exactly this issue at the moment, I guess the Spotify servers face a little delay.

Means your Premium order went through, but it will take some time to apply.

Hope this issue will be solved soon!

You can try the steps outlined in this post but if those don't work I guess you will have to wait till the servers are back to normal.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Having the same problem. I get the same error messageon my ipad and iPhone 

Would be nice if we could contact them some how? 

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Judging by the amount of posts about exactly this issue at the moment, I guess the Spotify servers face a little delay.

Means your Premium order went through, but it will take some time to apply.

Hope this issue will be solved soon!

You can try the steps outlined in this post but if those don't work I guess you will have to wait till the servers are back to normal.

Yeah I'm having the same problem. I'll check it tomorrow.

When my playlist is syncing on my iphone 5 it stops saying because it's idle, when it isn't, then it just won't start syncing again. I've tried redownloading the app and doing it again but the same thing happens. Does it matter how many tracks are on the playlist? I didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd post it here.

I hope that's the case, I just posted a new thread about the same exact issue...

Just upgraded to the free 30day premium and had my receipt etc, coming up with i need to upgrade to stream the music on the app even after deleting redownloading!!!. How annoying is this when this is supposed to be a reputable company!!!!. Sort this out spotify or i will be cancelling before even listening to one track.

My order number is 153109524014

Followed the link and did a reinstall. Everything starters working on both devices and my Mac book pro! Awesome thanks for the help.

I did the total reinstallation of SPotify on my desk top outlined here: http://www.spotify.com/us/help/faq/tech/reinstallation-of-spotify-windows-vista-windows-7/

And i deleated and re-installed it from itunes, and it works now!

Good Morning

I have been a Spotify user for many months and I still get commercials on my desktop and my ios.  Can you please explain why?  I do need to resolve this issue since I will be having a special event and would like to use spotify and wouldn't want to cancel it for this reason.  I pay $12.99 monthly and I need this resolved.

Thank you

Lusi Jacobo

Suggested posts