Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly pausing only through my car's bluetooth audio system.

Solved!

Spotify randomly pausing only through my car's bluetooth audio system.

After the most recent update Spotify keeps pausing only when using my car's bluetooth audio system. It pauses at random intervals multiple times throughout every song I play. It doesn't happen when I play it directly through my phone nor my BT headphones. I've used other apps like soundcloud, Apple music, podcasts (via the podcast app) and they all work fine with my car's BT audio system. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm using iphone 6 ios 9.3.5

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

OK I think I fixed mine. I am using an iPhone 6 Plus. I went back through my iPhone updates and saw that my phone has not auto updated to iOS 10. I have updated my phone to iOS 10 and Spotify seems to be working on the Bluetooth in my Toyota Tundra. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

As an alternative solution for those of you who aren't ready to upgrade to iOS 10 just yet, make sure the ToyotaEntune app is open on your phone and connected to the car  when attempting to play from Spotify.  This workaround has resolved the issue in both of my Toyota vehicles.  

Marked as solution

Fixed mine also. Updated to iOS 10 and issue is gone.

31 Replies

Same but it does it to me no matter where I play it. I updated yesterday

YES! Gosh, I am having the exact same issue. Listening on my Bose Mini SoundLink as we speak with no issues, nor had any with my Beats Wireless headphones. Only in my vehicle is it a problem, but every other bluetooth application works fine with my car. Basically the exact same problem. Spotify, HELP!

The exact thing is happening to me as well.  Everything else is fine, just bluetooth in my car is messing up and pausing randomly.  When it first happened i seriously thought someone had hacked my account and was listening to Spotify at the exact same time as me, so i got home and changed my password, deleted the app, re-installed the app on all my devices, and then it just keeps happening in my car.  This is ridiculous!

I have this problem too, only that it also skips to the next song and fast forwards throught the song. then it stops then it plays, then siri starts talking without me even touching the phone, it´s insane. anybody got a solution?

This is happening to me as well.  After the update from a couple of days ago.  Vwey frustrating!

Randomly pauses and freezes....Same problem. I have trouble shooted this in several ways and thought is was maybe the car but no.
I have two late model Toyota's and it does it in both of them. (Tundra and 4Runner)
It does it whether the playlist is downloaded are not.
Other Bluetooth programs work fine (Pandora tested)
I have reloaded, restarted etc ....no help.

Help! Miss Spotify!

I am having exactly the same problem with my iPhone 6+ running iOS 9.3.5 after the update to Spotify 6.5 on iOS. When I play back through another bluetooth device, like the UE Roll, I have no issues, but when playing back through my car's bluetooth the song just keeps randomly pausing - anywhere from 2 seconds to a minute. Like you, I have no problems with other apps like Pocket Casts or other music apps. It's just Spotify that has the problem.

Additional information:

- When driving I always listen to downloaded playlists so I'm not streaming

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and redownloaded my playlist

- I've restarted the phone, power plus home button, twice

- I've also restarted the Spotify app

None of these things have made any difference.

Exact same issue. Song plays for a little bit and then pauses/freezes. Works on everything else via Bluetooth except my car. But I can play Siriusxm app through Bluetooth in my car with no problem. It's just Spotify. Super frustrating - any fix???

Hey guys, I posted this to Spotify subreddit, but haven't found a fix on either. Sucks, because I use Spotify the most during my commute to/from work. Really sucks, because all my other apps that utilize my Bluetooth audio system work fine. I'll post an update if I find a fix.

Cheers.

I'm having the same issue with the iOS app. It will play for about 5 to 15 minutes then crash......

Me too! Really frustrating. Late model (2014) Tundra. Someone please help! Also, I pay for Premium. Maybe if I cancel that will get a solution. 

My wife and I are both having this problem with our cars.  Both of us have iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3.5.  We've done some troubleshooting, and the problem only appears when streaming to our cars (2016 Toyota 4Runner and 2015 Toyota Sienna).  We're able to stream Spotify via Bluetooth to a separate speaker and via Apple AirPlay without issue.  

Strange - that's the 3rd or 4th time someone said they had a Toyota. I have iPhone 6 Plus same iOS and issue is in my 2015 4Runner...

I'm having the same exact problem.  Only with car bluetooth on a 2014 Toyota 4Runner.  Other music apps work fine.   Using iOS 9.3.5 and only started happening after latest update.   

Same here. I have 2016 4Runner. I never saw a Spotify update after the new iOS system. But if I plug my iPhone into the USB Jack and go to Spotify then it works fine.

Same issue with my toyota Avalon.  I see a pattern here with Toyota's.  After the update last week my music stops randomly and I have to manually hit play agan.  Very frustrating.  Tried it with my wife's phone (older version of spotify) and it worked like a charm.  It is this new version that is causing the issue.  Please help Spotify! I'm getting really frustated with this issue.  It works everywhere else except in my car via BT.   

thanks

After reading a few of the comments posted it seems that Newer Toyota's are experiencing this issue. I have a 2016 Toyota Tacoma w/ JBL audio system, BT enabled.

I know these are the community forums but does anyone from the Spotfiy team actually look at these posts? I don't need a resolution immediately but I'd like some acknowledgment that they're looking into it. I pay for premium much like everyone else, If BT connection w/ car audio systems is in issue, than I'd like to know that. That way i can compare and contrast my options when it comes to a music service providers. This may be small issue now, but more and more people are going to start experiencing it. Get off your **bleep** and respond spotify.

Me too. What is the fix? I can't stand this much longer

It doesn't seem like there is a fix until Spotify updates the app.  For now I plug my phone into the USB port in my truck and that works fine.

Suggested posts