Premium

Country

Slovakia (currently UK)

Device

iPhone 7, iPhone 6s (both devices) 

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, every now and then (it's very random) when I plug off my AirPods and put them back to the charger Spotify starts to play songs very loudly from my phone speaker. It happened to me 3 or 4 times in the office and because I listen to very weird music I felt very weird myself. It does not happen immediately when I plug off the AirPods - there's a minute where everything is ok and then suddenly my phone continues to play the song which was paused when I plugged them off. I even started to close Spotify manually everytime I plug off the AirPods and now, just a minute ago, it happened again even when Spotify was closed! I'm with Premium from 2015 and I like Spotify a lot - please fix it with another update. Thank you. 

Regards, big fan Andrej

2 Replies

This could be happening because you accidentaly press the play button after you disconnect your air pods. What happens when you disconnect a bloototh device, is spotify pauses and reverts to the volume you had before on speaker. Try troubleshooting such as lowering your volume on speaker before disconnecting your air pods or even try reinstalling the app. If that dosent work, I will prioritize this issue, because it seems weird, and a few people have had this issue in the past few weeks.

Hope this helps!

This has been happening to me consistently ever since updating to iOS 12. The issue never occurred for me on iOS 11 or lower. Pretty embarassing when my phone starts blaring music in a quiet office.. I have 17GB of offline music in Spotify, so re-installing it is an option I'd rather not pursue.

Suggested posts