Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify reboots my iphone while playing via bluetooth in car

Solved!

Spotify reboots my iphone while playing via bluetooth in car

Since updating spotify app 2 weeks ago to ver 1.5.0.2728, spotify will reboot iphone 5 ver iOS 7.1.2 when i stat streaming playlists. Will play for up to 1 minute but often shorter times and then drop off or reboot phone (to apple logo ) On restarting spotify it plays fine. I also seem to have lost 50 plus play lists. I now run only 50 album sized lists. I deleted the app and reinstalled but no change. I am streaming either online, Telecom New Zealand 3G or 4G or sometimes in offline mode.no difference. My user name is 1249440340. I used the previous app version for almost 2 years with no problems (premium of course). This is in my lexus is300H 2013 which gave no trouble for a year. I deleted the phone from the car's bluetooth device list and re paired but no change

have since done this " (recommended on another post)
Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again. "

still same result..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Jerremy,

a full restore and icloud backup did the trick. Sorry for jumping to conclusions re spotify app update must have done an iOS update around the same time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

@Bacoon Never heard of something so serious of phone rebooting, the iOS car bugs thread is located here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Spotify-on-car-stereo/m-p/538260#M1812

It could play music, but not exactly reboot.

Have you tried another device to pair? Like another iPhone/iPad? Give a shot and let us know. There's little car owners here so sometimes this kind of threads easily gets missed.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

To restate:

IPhone 5

iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)

Spotify 1.5.0.2728 updated 3-4 weeks ago Bluetooth streams about 30 sec then reboots ph.

If I restart spotify seems to play until I leave car with phone. Begins playing on return but again either jumps out of spotify or reboots again.

Premium worked fine until new ver update. Is it possible to revert to earlier version if fix will take some time ?

Can't duplicate problem with wife's iPhone 4 using same ver of iOS ie 7.1.2 (11D257) so I assume its a spotify ver 1.5.0.2728 / iPh 5 problem

The car is 2013 Lexus is300H

I fear it might have to do with your iOS update - I know it might sound a little crazy, have you considered doing a full restore on your iPhone (do not restore back from the backup and try again)

or try with someone's iPhone 5? Because the Spotify app that runs on iPhone 5 and 4 is the same.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Marked as solution

Thanks Jerremy,

a full restore and icloud backup did the trick. Sorry for jumping to conclusions re spotify app update must have done an iOS update around the same time.

@Bacoon Glad to hear it works for you!
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts