Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify recovers data

Spotify recovers data

Hi, I have Spotify Premium latest version of app running on iPhone 6S with iOS 9.3.5. (no jailbreak) Last couple of days, everytime I turn off and turn on my iPhone, Spotify deletes my music for offline listening. So everytime i turn on my iphone, i must log in to spotify, my music is gone a there is little grey arrow and "Waiting for Wi-Fi conncetion" when i connect my phone to wi-fi Spotify starts downloading my 800 tracks! . Where is the problem? I love spotify, but this is annoying. Probably, I come to Apple Music.

3 Replies

Hey @nikolawelch,

You should keep an eye on the offline devices listed for your account here. The same device may be added several times which may make your offline downloads to reset. Delete any duplicate or unrecognized devices you may see and let me know how it goes. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi ,

after i updated my phone to iOS 10, I looked to my offline devices and my iPhone was duplicated.

Default (PC) 9/12/16

iPhone 9/12/16

iPhone 9/13/16

So i deleted the older one (9/12/16) and everything worked perfectly, even when i restart my iPhone. But today, when i restart my iPhone, it happened again. I looked to my offline devices and there are two duplicated iPhone 9/22/16. So I deleted both of them and now i must download my music again. Its **bleep** me off.

@nikolawelch

Thanks for the reply. Could it be that the update to iOS 10 makes it think it's a different phone? (iOS9 vs iOS10) Maybe that's why it kept adding it as a new device. Since you deleted the iOS9 entries, it shouldn't do it anymore.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts