Spotify’s new UI sucks!!!

Plan

Premium

United States of America 

Device

iPhone XS Max 

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

So now that Spotify decided to update some users to their new UI they’ve ruined Spotify for many of us!

They removed the alphabetical searching bar that was on the right side of the albums for those who had a lot of music. I can’t even figure out how to save albums, since they’ve removed the “Save” button. This update sucks and I’m regretting Spotify so much at the moment and as a Premium user since 2014 I feel like literally switching to another platform that’s doesn’t do this to their users.  

C93B7522-2650-414A-88ED-517CF6D149CA.png
E3150BFB-C814-4B4D-9DF6-1257A9DFF8B0.png
5 Replies

Totally agree!!! So **bleep** off with this new app!!!  And why just some few users? No one else I know has got this update. This is terrible. I believe people who designed this change aren’t real spotify users. Do not they test this kind of things? I have contacted them couple of times but I have got no satisfying response. Already considering alternative music services. Any recommendation? Most likely I’ll switch to itunes apple music.

I’ve changed to Apple Music and the new UI which will come for all people at 12.3 is awesome. I recommend you to change as well, now it is so much better than before and for me better than Spotify. 

Thank you for the recommendation! I also think apple will be the best and most reliable option. I am still astonished with this spotify update 🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s ridiculous!!!

Agreed!! I can’t find any music I’ve recently listened to unless I’ve saved it to my songs or one of my playlists. I’m spending more time trying to find my music than actually enjoying it. Wish I hadn’t updated...

I'll give it 30 days for the coneheads at spotify to offer an "UNDO" from this new POS UI giving us the option to revert back to the previous useable UI.  If it doesn't happen, no biggie, I'm out and taking my premium membership with me.

Suggested posts