Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify service appears to have been hacked. Random songs added to my queue.

Spotify service appears to have been hacked. Random songs added to my queue.

Plan: Premium

Device

Multiple devices. Oneplus Nord and Motorola One

My Question or Issue

Around every 90 seconds from choosing my song, a completely random playlist starts playing. If I pause the song, it will resume by itself, also around the 90 second mark.

I have tried:

Signing out from all devices.

Changed my password

Clearing the queue of random songs.

Tested it from two different phones

Despite the above steps, the same playlist is auto queued again. I have attached the exact playlist below. All of those songs in the list appeared by themselves.

Clearly your service has been hacked. Someone is queueing up songs to influence rankings.

Screenshot_20210101-162625.jpg
5 Replies

Hi @LuckyNumSleven,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you notice suspicious activity on your Spotify account, I highly recommend following all the steps provided in this support article in order to secure your account.

I also highly recommend reading this support article regarding measures you can take to protect your Spotify account.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue. Seems too consistent to be someone pressing buttons. Logically it can only be a higher level hack of systems, rather than individual accounts.

Only workaround I've found is to use Offline mode, though that obviously stops you from being able to stream on current and to other devices.

Hi there @jammiedodger092,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

We're sorry to hear this is happening, but no worries. We recommend following the steps in the articles that @AdamDam shared above to make sure there isn't any unauthorized access to your account.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

This is incredibly concerning. Evidence suggests that hackers are able to acquire user passwords from your systems, evidently without any contribution from customers. Yes, I can secure my account (again). But the passwords are being compromised elsewhere. Are you going to escalate this matter? Im sure there are legal implications here too. Referring customer to password reset is not the solution or the point.

Hey there @LuckyNumSleven,

We're always aiming to improve. 

Can you confirm if you had your account hacked again?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts