Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify skipping songs, pausing randomly etc.

Spotify skipping songs, pausing randomly etc.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

(iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try and listen to music on Spotify on my iPhone, if I move my phone slightly the song either skips, pauses, or skips to a random point in the song without me touching anything. A lot of the time when it does it Siri turns itself on too. I’ve even had it do this when Spotify isn’t even running, and my music randomly turns on. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify as well as updating my phone but neither of these have worked. I can’t even use my phone properly anymore, especially when my earphones are plugged in. What can I do to fix this?

3 Replies

Hi @3m-1f_frr2p84, thanks for writing.

Can you please try using the app with a different pair of earphones and let me know if it helps?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I would suggest maybe going to one of those kiosk stands that fix phones or best buy. It seems your problem is not just the Spotify app but the whole phone. Just go to them, explain your situation and ask them if there is any way to fix it if something is wrong. Tell them to especially check the audio port because that tends to break easily with different headphones.

Hey @3m-1f_frr2p84, any news?

Did you manage to solve the issue?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts