HEADLINE: Spotify automatically skips to next song after 40 seconds.
This is ruining my experience. I was considering paying the subscription fee after my trial is over but this is such a bad experience that there seems no reason to. Spotify is constantly skipping to the next song before the current song is finished. It will do this completely by itself, even if the phone is lying flat on the table with my hands nowhere near it. This always happens at the 40 second mark. I tried fast forwarding through a song and counting up how many seconds I’ve been listening to it. Even if I’m at 2:00 mins in through fast forwarding, if I have listened to 40 seconds worth of the song collectively, it will skip. Always 40 seconds.
I have researched this issue online and the solution that comes up a lot is that it’s an issue with the headphones. However through process of elimination I have established that it happens whenever and however I’m listening to Spotify.
I’ll be listening to one of my favourite songs. It will reach the 40 second mark. Then it will skip. Either to the next song in the album or to a completely random song.
- It doesn’t matter whether the song is being streamed through mobile networks while out in public, through my home WiFi or a through public WiFi. Same situation.
- It doesn’t matter whether I have downloaded the song to my library or it’s being streamed. It still skips.
- It skips while I’m playing music just through the iPhone in-built speaker.
- It skips while listening through headphones.
- This happens when I’m listening through my amplifier plugged in with an AUX cord.
I’ve tried deleting and re-installing the app. I’ve tried restarting my phone.