Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stalls on just one iPhone

Spotify stalls on just one iPhone

I've got Spotify working perfectly on the desktop, iPad, through Sonos and on one iPhone. On the second household iPhone, it was working fine for several weeks - now it will display the playlists, starts to play but stops halfway through the first rack played and then will not play any further tracks. None of the other devices are logged in to Spotify. I've logged out and in, de-installed and re-installed without success. Any suggestions very welcome - my first post here.

5 Replies

This is also happening on my Win 7 desktop app.

After launching the app, the first song plays without a problem. Attempting to play another track does not work. 

On both devices, try turning off both gapless playback and crossfade tracks. This might get things up and running just fine.

Failing that - On iOS, try using a different streaming quality. On Windows, try unchecking "Enable Hardware Acceleration".
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for your help. I've tried all these, but can still only get one track, or part of it, before Spotify stalls and then will not play. I've checked the settings on the iPhone that does work - this has gapless playback on, crossfade on 0 seconds and streaming normal. The iPhone that at one time worked, and now doesn't, had exactly the same settings!!

Couple of other things to check -

* How much free space do you have left on your device?
* Are you playing tracks over Wi-Fi or 3G? Try the other one if you haven't already
* Have you tried closing down all the other apps that are running, and only running Spotify?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions. Loads of space on the phone, and I am only using wifi. I wouldn't want to use 3G. I find it very hard to understand why one phone, which was fine with Spotify on wifi, has ceased to function normally. One evening fine, the next not - no updates in between. It's exact twin phone, with the same Spotify settings, which has never had a problem, continues to be fine.

Suggested posts