Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify still uses data while ofline

Spotify still uses data while ofline

Hi so I have the iPhone 6s and Spotify never did this before but recently in the last week it started using data for my playlist I’ve downloaded offline. I specifically have gone to settings to turn off cellular data for the Spotify app and everything, when I do that it still continues to use data while I’m trying to listen to my playlist offline and it’s really bugging me because it’s using my data and I don’t have unlimited. Is this just a flaw in maybe the update of the app itself, is it my phone acting up?? Does anyone else have this problem? (Also The only way I can actually listen to the playlist offline is when I put my phone in airplane mode or just turn off my entire cellular data which isn’t practical because I can’t receive text or anything while I’m out.) I’ve tried everything please help 

1 Reply

Hey @Peakskris, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's odd! Have you tried to restart your device?

I'd also go to Settings in Your Library, the gear icon top right, then look for Music Quality section. Once the toggle the switch for Download Using Cellular. 

You can also disable the Mobile Data for Spotify if you go to your phone's Settings app  then go to Mobile Data section and toggle the switch for Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts