Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify still with restrictions on iPad Air 2

Spotify still with restrictions on iPad Air 2

Dear all,

I have just installed Spotify Free on my iPad Air 2. I understand that Spotify on tablets allows me to select any tracks without restrictions. However, when I am using Spotfy now, it says that I can only play tracks on Shuffle mode which I thought would only apply to mobile phones?

Hope to hear some advices soon!

Thank you.

9 Replies

Hey @hellogoodbye3, I just gave this a test on my iPad with a free account, and unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate your issue on my end.

Are you able to send any screenshots over to show this happening on your iPad?

Thanks!

Hi Swanny

Thanks for your reply!

Here is a SS for your reference.

This happens when I try to select a song on one of the albums that I want to listen to. In fact, even when I try to Shuffle Play the songs, it doesn't work as well. Clicking on the Shuffle icon does nothing.

Thank you!

image.png

Still can't get it to work.. Can anyone help?

Sorry, I missed the notification to say you had replied. I will escalate your case up for you.

Can you please confirm what version of iOS you are running?

Hi Swanny, thanks for getting back. im running iOS 9.3.

Cheers! I'll let you know when I hear something back.

Hey @hellogoodbye3, sorry for the late reply, can you just try uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Also if you haven't updated to iOS 9.3.1, are you able to do that?

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Swanny, I did an update to 9.3.1 and it seems to be working for now.

Thanks for your help!

By the way, I would like to ask if the country I am in makes a difference to whether I can use Spotify free on iPad?

There's no country differences in terms of whether or not you can use Spotify free.

Must've just been a weird glitch that updating iOS seemed to resolve!

Suggested posts