Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing, acts is if all my songs are unplayable and doesn’t let me exit the app.

Spotify stops playing, acts is if all my songs are unplayable and doesn’t let me exit the app.

I am using the Spotify app on my IPhone 7 Plus running IOS 12.1.2 update. I have been having a problem with the app since about New Years where I am listening to music and when I go to skip the song I’m listening to, it stops playing, the screen removes the album art, doesn’t let me pause, play, skip or even go to the main screen. For it to start back up again I have to close the app by clearing it from task manager, wait a few seconds and open it again. Then it does it again about 15 minutes or so later. I have tried soft resetting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and using it on different WiFi’s as well as data but it happens on every single one. It is getting really annoying because no one else that has an iPhone in my family that is on my account is having problems. 

1 Reply

Hey @Shellllb.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you tried using a different account (from one of the family members) on your device? That way we can find if this is account or device related.

Recently a new version of iOS has been released. Try upgrading and then reinstalling again to see if that helps. Let us know what happens with a different account and we'll help you further 🙂

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts