Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after 14 seconds then 11 then 24 then random...on iOS 11 and Mac

Spotify stops playing after 14 seconds then 11 then 24 then random...on iOS 11 and Mac

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 and M1 Macbook Air

Operating System

iOS 14, Big Sur

Wifi and Cellular

Spotify stops in the middle of a song after a random number of seconds and I need to press the start button for the song to resume.  Then it stops again after a different random number of seconds...and so on.

I've tried logging out of everything.  Deleting then reinstalling.  Deleting then restart then reinstall.  It just keeps happening for the last month or so.

Any Apple device, any network, ear buds, car bluetooth, out of the devices' tinny speakers.  

It just keeps happening.

TIA,

Chuck.

My Question or Issue

7 Replies

Im having the exact same issues and can not find ANYTHING or anywhere a fixable solution. Im about to cancel my premium account. This has been happening for the last couple of weeks.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you tell us if you've tried logging in with a different account on your devices? You can ask a friend to log in with theirs or create a new test account with another email address.

Also let us know if this is happening regardless of the network - Wi-Fi, Mobile data etc., and if it's also happening when listening to music in Offline mode.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

It occurs whether I use cellular (Verizon LTE) or Wifi.

Haven't tried another account -- what would that prove?  I never use offline mode.  Why would I do that? 

Chuck.

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

Trying another account will give us insight if the issue is account related. We couldn't reproduce this on our end, so we'd need to get more data from users who are affected. If you don't have any friends who are using Spotify near you, you can create a new test account with another email address.

Also trying out Offline mode will let us know if the problem is streaming/network related.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

It is not occurring in offline mode...

This issue is not occuring in "offline" mode.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for the info.

Did you also try logging in with another account?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts