Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds iOS 9.3 iPhone

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds iOS 9.3 iPhone

This has been an ongoing issue through the last couple of iOS updates as well as Spotify updates (currently on Spotify 5.7.0). There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the issue. Many tracks will play for a few seconds, stop, and then not play again. The play/pause button doesn't change; it just acts as though the song is still playing. Restarting the song gets the same result, or, sometimes, refuses to even start at all. Other songs will play fine. My reception is fine, and in fact I have no issues with Pandora, soundcloud, etc; just Spotify. I've tried restarting my phone, I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, all to no avail. There will be times when this doesn't occur for a day or two, but then it crops up again. And it happens with the overwhelming majority of music I choose. I would prefer not to cancel my subscription, but being unable to use my Spotify the vast majority of the time is frustrating. Any help you can lend would be appreciated.
4 Replies

Hi,

Sorry you've had no luck! Maybe checking to see if others are using your account, may help. Oftentimes this is the case with many users, as the other users on their account are pausing their song which causes the other device to pause.

To check this, simply log into Spotify.com, hover over username, click on account, scroll down, and click on 'sign out everywhere'. See if this does the trick. If not, maybe you should contact Spotify Support here - https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/.

Hope all goes well,

Dylan

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Instagram | Snapchat | Spotify
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have the same problem for last few days. it is really annoying. It is not the first time either.

This same thing is happening to me! It's been happening since May. I've tried everything and nothing has worked.

I hate you spotify.. worst streaming app ever// lots of problems with no clue to solve. you always ruin my day. I SWEAR there aren't any solutions for this. you do whatever you do, this problem will not be fixed. it's a servers issues. how cheap is this!

Suggested posts