Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds

I use the same account for my iphone and my ipod (premium)

I had no previous problems until a few weeks ago when on my ipod, I will play a track and it will play around 15 seconds then stop, after this I am unable to play anything else.

I can connect to the internet and I can play music off my Imusic, just not off Spotify (and kiss cube)

Any suggestions please?

5 Replies

Hi Matt,

Iwan here, have you recently updated the device? I have come across a few different posts that seem to be caused by recent changes to the "auto-detect" feature in iOS. My guess is that these changes have caused problems where the iPhone "steps in" and stops playback because, for example, it wants to suggest "Podcasts" or "Music" instead. (This is the feature in which, after a pair of headphones are connected, iOS suggests a relevant app to launch in the multitasking view). 

Another thing that helped me with a similar issue in the past was turning off search for Spotify (Under Siri and Search in the iOS settings). Seems to reset issues related to the suggestions mentioned above. 

Also, plugging your headphones in and out might help! 

P.S. Do you use AirPods or any other Bluetooth devices?

Keep us posted we would love to help!

Regards, 

Iwan - The Peace Lounge 

https://open.spotify.com/artist/0QbrkwTOfnZeKSvMVMEDSh

Hi Iwan

It does automatically unpdate so yes.

Do you know how to turn the auto detect off? I cant find the search either??

I dont use Airpod or bluetooth, jsut a straight forward Ipod. My Iphone seems to work just fine?

Hi Matt,

This is an odd one! What version of iPod/iOS is it? 

I wonder might it be another app causing something under the hood? Any fitness trackers, step loggers etc.

To find versions; iPod should have a code at the back that will read something like "Model A1457". Send that to me if you can!

To test if Siri is at fault;

Tap Settings>Scroll down to "Siri & Search">scroll down and tap "Spotify">Turn off the button for "Siri & Search Suggestions".

Technically, this will stop handy things like asking siri to play a song, but might trigger a change in this odd behaviour. I don't think turning off the auto detect feature is actually possible but hopefully this will help.

Besides any offending apps interrupting for some reason (share your thoughts on any apps that track, log activity etc.), I would say next step is to remove and reinstall the Spotify app itself. Talk soon!

Hope this helps,

Iwan 

PS To find iOS version; Tap settings>scroll to and tap "General">Tap "About">Scroll to "Version". Send that to me too! 

Hi Matt,

Just checking in, hope you got your problem sorted!

Iwan - The Peace Lounge

Suggested posts