Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing on chromecast audio

Spotify stops playing on chromecast audio

Hello,

unfortunately Spotify connects to my chromecast audio with the latest firmware from both my iPhone 6 and my iPad air, but everytime I switch or skip the track, Spotify stops playing and automatically switches to pause mode. Like this, Spotify is basically useless for chromecast audio. Other music streaming services work perfectly fine with chromecast audio. 

Thank you for your help, 

Tobi

14 Replies

I have the exactamente same problem. Sometimes It'll play a couple of songs without a hitch, skipping works, but suddenly it stops and it freezes. Have to reconnect the device. Other times It'll play for a couple of seconds and that's it, stops.
This only happens with Spotify too so it's likely between a compatibility problem between the device and the app. I hope they fix it soon.

I have the same problem... I press play and it thinks for 1 sekond and then pauses. sigh...

Bump. Any solution?

no. same problem for me

Same problem here.

Same problem here! Any solution?

Same problem here, with an Android device (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Android 5.1). The music stops after a few minutes (but with no buffering animation or no "pause" symbol), sometimes goes on after a few seconds/minutes, and randomly stops again, and the connexion gets lost with my phone. Restoring Spotify application on my phone or restoring Chromecast didn't help.

Same problem here... Used to work without a hitch. Since a month or so, Spotify over chromecast audio constantly stops. This renders the Spotify/Chromecast audio combination completely useless... The issue is not specific to the android client device. Also google play music works without any problems. Please fix this!

Same here. Android, Apple, webplayer...

Same here... Just bought the Chromecast audio in order to stream spotify to my sound system... stops randomely, can't listen to anything. I tried to change the battery saving options of my phone, but it seems that it actually is the chromecast itself that just stops, not spotify.

Experiencing the same thing on both Chromecast and Google home, only with Spotify. From pixel and iphone... Tempted to make a whole new Spotify account.

Same here... need to go oldschool wired way...

And another one...

Music stops randomly for several seconds, then continues.

Same problem here. Chromecast audio works flawlessly with my other streaming services, but Spotify randomly stops and resumes a few seconds later. Please provide a fix for this annoying issue! /Andreas

Suggested posts