Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify telling me I don't have a Premium account?

Solved!

Spotify telling me I don't have a Premium account?

Hey guys,

I have had a Premium account with Spotify since July of 2011. Whenever I attempt to play a song from a playlist that I downloaded for offline use, I get a message saying "Only Premium users can stream on demand." I have tried to log out and log back in, and even reinstalled the app. What else can I do to solve the problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again 🙂 

There are again two possibilities here:

1. Your most recent payment failed and your account has been returned to free. Have you look on your online account and see if all of your receipts are there. Also check your email since you get an email when a payment fails. 

2. You are using the wrong log in details, and you are logging into a duplicate account. If you have a dedicated Spotify username and password, be sure you are logging in using those instead of Facebook. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If it helps any, I recently started using the iOS application for the first time (I was previously accessing Spotify from the Android version).

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Two things to check:

- Firstly double check your premium subscription is still active on your subscription overview on your online account.

- Try logging out of the application, fully restarting your device and then logging in again.

Peter

Peter

Uh oh- when I checked my account it told me that I am using Spotify free. How can that be? I've been using this service for nearly two years with no problems.
Marked as solution

Hey again 🙂 

There are again two possibilities here:

1. Your most recent payment failed and your account has been returned to free. Have you look on your online account and see if all of your receipts are there. Also check your email since you get an email when a payment fails. 

2. You are using the wrong log in details, and you are logging into a duplicate account. If you have a dedicated Spotify username and password, be sure you are logging in using those instead of Facebook. 

Peter

Peter

Ah, that was the problem- my payment didn't go through. I got it fixed 🙂 thank you so much!

No worries 😉 Enjoy your music!! 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts