Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify turns on repeat by itself

Spotify turns on repeat by itself

I have the saved music available and every time I hit "no repeat" the next song comes on and it turns on repeat current song by itself. **bleep**?
44 Replies

Hey @CaseyJayy!

Welcome to the Community.

That's odd. Can you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using? On the other hand, give it a try reinstalling the app and see if you're still experiencing the same issue. Here's how.

We'll be here waiting.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

No it hasn't, I'm using it on my iPhone 7. Tried reinstalling 

I too have this same problem, and it drives me absolutely nuts nuts!! The repeat toggle turns itself on constantly, no matter how many times I turn it off. Over and over and over again. I havent been able to see it happen in the act, but rather I suddenly notice it has been turned once again, once I open the app again from the backgroud. Except mine toggles to ALBUM repeat, not song. I dont want the album to repeat when its done. Period. 

Im using an iPhone 6SE, all apps on IOS up to date as of June 1 2017.

The same problem accurs on the OSX desktop app (running Sierra 10.12.5)  

And my iPad mini, also completely up to date. 

I'm having this same problem and it's very annoying. I listen to soft music or rain sounds when falling asleep, with just a few tracks in a playlist. Now that the repeat turns itself on, I wake up at 3 am, and it's still playing the same track. It's driving me crazy!!

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one having this problem! And you worded it better than I could!

Been happening to me also for weeks driving me nuts! IOS, will try to reinstall but I doubt that will solve it

**bleep** meee too!! Someone please help.

Reinstalling did not help! I'm using an iphone and everything is up to date. Arghhh

I had the same problem with album repeat. I really like when I listen to an album and then the album radio comes on after. But no, it's always repeating the album. Today I had to toggle it off a couple times within minutes! I'm sick of it.

I'm having the same issue! so annoying! It does the same thing with "shuffle" too - click to shuffle playist, and 2 mins later it has turned off shuffle by itself. Both of these are extremely annoying, especially as I listen to Spotify whilst driving. Please fix these issues!

Running on iPhone 6S+ - iOS and Spotify both up to date

Yes , me to! So very irritating!!! No patience for this kind of **bleep**

I have the same problem. Makes music very repetitive . Spotify, please fix this bug!!! Thanks

I am having the same problem. Using an Iphone 6s up to date. Tried reinstalling. A few seconds after I open spotify or when I get into my car and bluetooth activates it, the repeat button goes green by itself. VERY annoying. Please fix this bug or at least give us a way to disable repeat in preferences. Been going on for months. 

Same problem. What's the solution Spotify?

I'm also having this same issue. I turn it off all the time, only to have it turn on at the end of the album, so it repeats again. I think it may be a bug, because I've never had this issue before maybe 3 months ago? Hopefully it can be turned off soon.

Same problem for me. The I press play and it automatically repeats the same 5 songs. Can't seem to turn it off in settings.

same issue, new update 2 days ago, and problem not fixed. Iphone 6 and whenever you connect to bluetooth, either headphones or car stereo it goes to repeat. Annoying!!!!

I have this same problem, both on iOS and Mac. Super freaking annoying. 

Still this problem, it doesn't depend of iOS version (I tried iOS10.3 and iOS11). Spotify have you a solution ? Are you working on ? Please let us know...

Suggested posts