Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify v 2.3.0 crashes phone on opening

Solved!

Spotify v 2.3.0 crashes phone on opening

Device: iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.3)

Spotify was working fine this morning after an automatic update to v 2.3.0 then out of no where it shut down. When I tried to re open it ( and every time since) the app crashes immediately and resets my iPhone.

I was running iOS 8.1.2 then did the update to see if it would fix the problem, no dice. I also tried changing the Region trick. I would really prefer not to uninstall because i have 6 Gb of data in the app.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I pay for premium also. Sucks.

So I ended up having to re-install the app. It's working fine at the moment but now I have to download all my music again 😒

If you are going to un-install I would wait 5 minutes before installing it again

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same here iOS 8.0 on iPhone 5S, no help from SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Haven't been able to use spotify all day, and I pay for premium very sad:(
Marked as solution

I pay for premium also. Sucks.

So I ended up having to re-install the app. It's working fine at the moment but now I have to download all my music again 😒

If you are going to un-install I would wait 5 minutes before installing it again

Same issue here, this is the first ios app ever that causes a iphone (5s) reboot when i open it. Unbeliebable unstable release, seems beta. Paid premium and cannot use it anymore.

If anyone is having problems with crashing,

I suggest you contact support or @SpotifyCares on Twitter

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts