Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify (ver 8.4.0) is causing severe battery drain and overhea of Iphone 7+ (running iOS 10.3.1)

Spotify (ver 8.4.0) is causing severe battery drain and overhea of Iphone 7+ (running iOS 10.3.1)

My only solution thus far has been to operate my Spotify app in 'offline' mode. I've noticed that when I do that my battery doesn't drain and phone isn't a scorching 'lava rock.'   Curious how Spotify will fix this and when...also how the overheating of the phone could have a detrimental affect on my phone.

5 Replies

I'm seeing the same exact problem, I'm on iPhone 7+ using bluetooth headset.  iOS 10.3

I'm not concerned with the heat, it seems in line with the rate at which the battery is being drained -__-

Same here. I'm on Iphone 7plus and I notice significant battery drain when I use spotify. Any ideas how to revert to the old version? This is kinda frustrating, would love to not see my subscription go to waste...

Same problem. Hot and 1-2 % per minute battery drain.

iPhone 7 iOS version 10.3.1

Spotify version 8.4.1.722.

Premium subscription at "extreme" resolution.

Online streaming

While Bluetooth connected to a Bluetooth enabled audio receiver. 

Same for me except heat problem. Spotify uses pretty much all battery and drains the phone within hours. I have turned off the background update for Spotify without any luck. I'm on Spotify 8.4.3 and iOS 10.3.2.

Same here.  No heat issues but massive background activity times (over 2 hours of running in the background after only 30 mintues of use, app closed, removed from multitasking screen, and background app refresh turned off). Lost 1 to 2% per minute until the app was uninstalled.  Going back to Apple Music.

Suggested posts