Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify very slow to download files to iPhone XS Max (50 songs in 4 days)

Solved!

Spotify very slow to download files to iPhone XS Max (50 songs in 4 days)

I have Spotify Premium and a new iPhone XS Max 512GB (420GB free) running iOS 12, and over the course of the past four days it downloaded only 50 songs (out of 2200 songs).

It seems to only download (extremely slowly) when the phone screen is on and open to the Spotify app (i.e. on top), while connected to my home 5ghz or 2.4 ghz networks (tried both). 

My home network/internet speeds are 'as normal' wich show 103mb/s down and 10mb/s up (slowish, but that's with two others streaming video at the same time, and I'm in a small rural area). Regardless, it should have downloaded more than 50 songs in 4 days... It wasn't slow like this on my old iphone 6s...

Anyone know what the problem is?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same issue here.  The only way I got around it is actually playing the song in background while the rest sync.   It works fine that way.  So play a song. Turn the volume down and let them sync.   Hopefully they fix the bug soon 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend checking this support article 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Marked as solution

Same issue here.  The only way I got around it is actually playing the song in background while the rest sync.   It works fine that way.  So play a song. Turn the volume down and let them sync.   Hopefully they fix the bug soon 

My version of Spotify is 8.4.72.740

My version of iOS is 12.0

My phone is iPhone XS Max 512GB w 420GB free

I rebooted, no difference. Then I reinstalled Spotify and also no difference. 

Then, I took the above poster's advice and played a song, and it started downloading faster, and it's continuing to download quickly even in the background.

It's obviously some kind of software bug, maybe on the server end... Spotify should be very afraid of the problem. I came extremely close to leaving for Apple's alternative, and would not have discovered the workaround on my own as I generally only listen to offline music (car/boat/rural areas)

Suggested posts