Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not download all of my liked songs?

Spotify will not download all of my liked songs?

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 15.1

Hi! I have recently been having issues playing all of my liked songs when I don’t have wifi. Spotify has not downloaded all of my liked songs, and I have never had this issue before. When I scroll through my liked songs, it looks like Spotify just skipped one every few songs when downloading them. I deleted and reinstalled the app and re-downloaded all of my music, but I am having the same issue. Is it possible to download individual songs, or does Spotify have a maximum amount of songs that the application can download? I have plenty of storage, so that is not the issue. Any help at all is appreciated, thanks! 

12 Replies

Hi @lilygraceh17,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Just to make sure, are you able to play those songs normally while you're connected to the internet or do they appear grayed out? 

Also, we understand you already reinstalled your app, but could you do it one more time following these specific steps? They will ensure you remove all leftover files and old cache from your phone, this is specially useful since your downloaded music is stored in the form of cache.

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thank you for your reply! I am able to listen o all of my music when I have wifi- the undownloaded songs are only greyed out when I do not have wifi. I reinstalled following the steps outlined in that article, and noticed that out of my 12,096 liked songs, only about 9300 of them are being downloaded. I included a screenshot to show this.

EF3239E2-F1A1-4D4A-96EC-83AF709AB594.jpeg

I have over 40 GB of storage on my phone, so I really don’t think storage is the issue- I just don’t know what the issue is.
Thank you again for your help.

Hi @lilygraceh17,

Thank you for keeping in touch 🙂 

There are other things we can try here. But to start, we'd like to make sure you followed the clean reinstall steps I sent in my previous post to clear your phone of all cache files.

If you did, then please check that there are no cache clearing apps running for Spotify. Keep in mind that even if you didn't install such apps, some devices have them preinstalled.

Also, it's worth connecting your phone to a different WIFI/mobile network to discard any issues with the internet connection.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

I tried the steps that MafeG posted under 'specific steps'. However, when I get to the part under Settings/General/Iphone Storage/Spotify, there is no option to offload app. I had removed it from my home screen and now I don't know how to get it back so I can perform your steps. What should I do now?

Hi @magscrapper10,

Thank you posting on this thread.

No worries, even if the app was removed from your home screen you should be able to proceed with the clean reinstall by following the other steps in the link shared by @MafeG above. You can skip the 5th step as it seems that the option to offload the app isn't available.

Let us know if the issue persists after completing the clean reinstall.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

89423278-2596-4AD3-A230-5A2CAD112EAB.png

A96DF4EB-9B65-42D6-A18F-48F3179D024F.png

I’m facing the same issue. I have 11,285 liked songs but found that lots were not downloaded, so have been greyed out / unavailable when listening offline.

I’ve tried deleting and entirely clearing the app as above but it hasn’t worked. At the top of the first screenshot it shows Spotify is only attempting to download 9,276 of my liked songs when I reinstalled it. The second shows what it looks like in my liked songs - some prepped to download (downloaded prior to deleting the app) and some not trying to download at all.

Yes, very frustrating and Spotify doesn’t seem to have a good answer or
solution.

Hi folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently, you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read more info about this here

It seems other users would like to be able to download more than that as well and posted this idea about it. Despite its current status, you can still add your vote to it and if anything changes in the future, we'll make sure to keep everyone updated over there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I only have 209 liked songs and facing the same issue with not all liked songs being downloaded. 

Hey @Clo_Myst,

Thanks for joining the thread!

Have you tried the suggested steps from @MafeG?
We'd also like to know how much available storage there is on your phone, as well as its model, its OS and your current Spotify app version.

We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Thank you for responding.

Yes, I followed the steps. I have the iPhone 13 with iOS 16. I currently
have used 80 GB of the 256 GB. So I have plenty of space.

Hey folks!

We tried replicating this on our end and the issue occurred once.
We managed to fix it by first removing all cached data and then going for a clean reinstall of the app 🙂
Hope this helps!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts