Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't allow me to play anything without a premium

Solved!

Spotify won't allow me to play anything without a premium

I'm abroad and i forgot to change my settings to my country so it disabled my account for a while, and when i got back on everything was restored except the fact that it won't allow me to listen to any songs without a premium. I'm online and i already tried logging out and back in, deleting the app and then redownloading the app. It stays the same??? Help **bleep**.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, @okgreat5858

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community.

On the mobile edition(s) of the Spotify application, all playback is restricted to "Shuffle Mode" on albums and playlists. You'll also be subject to adverts and other limitations of the Spotify Free service. 

If you choose to activate "Shuffle Mode" you'll be able to listen to a particular album or playlist in a random order.

You can use Spotify Free on the desktop, also subject to limitations, without the "Shuffle Mode" enforcement. Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade to Premium in order to freely access your music on the go.

Kind regards,

James

View solution in original post

4 Replies

what i mean is that the "You discovered a Premium feature" notification contiousely pops up

Marked as solution

Hello, @okgreat5858

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community.

On the mobile edition(s) of the Spotify application, all playback is restricted to "Shuffle Mode" on albums and playlists. You'll also be subject to adverts and other limitations of the Spotify Free service. 

If you choose to activate "Shuffle Mode" you'll be able to listen to a particular album or playlist in a random order.

You can use Spotify Free on the desktop, also subject to limitations, without the "Shuffle Mode" enforcement. Otherwise, you'll need to upgrade to Premium in order to freely access your music on the go.

Kind regards,

James

Hi,

I don’t see a solution to this persons query, which is also mine. Spotify won’t let me play anything and doesn’t even show me episodes any more, every time I try to play something it says ‘you’ve discovered a premium feature’. I am in Europe, what has happened to Spotify?

You need to go to your account and change the country and region settings. This website might help: https://support.spotify.com/vn-en/article/country-region-settings/# 

If you’re on mobile, go to the link that the website above provided (the account page link) and then follow the steps of website I provided to change to the country you’re living in right now. Hope that helps!

Suggested posts