Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't detect iPhone 4S anymore

Spotify won't detect iPhone 4S anymore

This is starting to drive me crazy. A few months back, I thought I'd give syncing some offline songs on my phone a shot. Spotify wouldn't detect my iPhone, and I thought it was because my computer was connected through an Ethernet cable. I figured out that it should work like that and found out that I had to allow Spotify through the Windows Firewall. I did that and everything worked just fine.

Except for the past two weeks. Nothing I've tried has worked. Spotify refuses to detect my iPhone. I've tried disabling every single antivirus program I have, including Windows Firewall. I've tried disabling and re-enabling UPnP, I've stripped my Wi-Fi of everything that secures it and I've tried logging in and out with both my desktop program and the app on my iPhone dozens of times. Absolutely nothing works. I've read through dozens of pages of people having the same problem, only to find out that there are simply no solutions that I have not tried. I find it just unbelievable and one of the worst cases of customer service I've encountered that this problem has persisted for over a YEAR. A year of people having the same problem and all that gets done is the same "fixes" that get thrown around? I hate to rant, but this could be made completely stable by having an option to sync by a USB cable.

I'm out of ideas and I know no help will come out of this forum, but it's a longshot. I can't get it to work and I'll try anything to make it. This is just plain outrageous. Within the past few days I've spent over 10 hours trying to come up with a solution to this.

Spotify desktop ver. 0.9.6.81.gd359a796

Spotify app ver. 0.9.1.230

iOS ver. 7.0.4

10 Replies

And just for the record here is pretty much everything I've tried

- disabling any antivirus programs

- disabling Windows Firewall

- rebooting my router

- rebooting Spotify on my phone and my PC

- trying to connect with and without having the USB cable connected to my iPhone

- turning on network discovery

- disabling any wireless security on my wifi connection

- opening all ports Spotify was supposed to need open

- putting my computer's IP address in the DMZ through my router (basically everything should go through)

- disabling SPI

- relogging into Spotify on my phone and my PC

- rebooting my computer

- rebooting my phone

- toggling Spotify's offline mode on PC

- changing music sync quality to extreme

- disabling and re-enabling sync over 2G/3G

- some "solution" where having Spotify radio playing on the phone and then rebooting the PC program should make it work

- opening up Spotify using the "Run as administrator" button

- creating an ad hoc network only to remember that you need to have wireless connection on your computer for that

- making an exception in the Windows Firewall to let Spotify through

- recreating the playlist and trying to resync it

- disabling use of cellular data for Spotify in order to make sure it uses wifi

- making sure my iPhone has enough space available (4,5 GB free)

- various other stupid solutions that haven't done a thing

also I'm on a Windows 7 64bit SP1 if that helps.

Is it possible to double check that your devices local IP addresses are in the same range and have the same subnet mask? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, I just double checked both and they're the same. It's just odd that a few weeks back Spotify detected my iPhone just fine, and all of a sudden nothing helps. I've been trying to sync my playlist several times in the past two weeks but not once has my phone been detected. I just can't think of anything I could've possibly overlooked..

Does your router have a UPnP option and is it enabled?

Yeah, I've disabled and re-enabled it a couple of times and it hasn't helped. Just made sure it's turned on as well. It's a D-Link router (DSL-2750B) so I don't know if that could cause problems or if people have had problems connecting through them.

On your Windows computer is your network set as a "Home Network"?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, it is.

So.. any ideas? It's still not working, I just reset my router to factory settings and didn't help at all. I'm really out of ideas here. The whole wifi syncing just isn't working, you need an alternative to that. Nobody can claim that the system would be perfectly functioning. Just google the wifi syncing problem and you've got half of the users of Spotify having the same issue.

I've tried anything I can think of, so yeah, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry for posting once again. For a few seconds just a moment ago Spotify detected my iPhone and synced 4 songs to it. I had no idea what caused it, until I was manage to reproduce it by actually rebooting my router. While having the Spotify app open and while connected to my wifi, I rebooted my router and while it was trying to reconnect (keep in mind that no web pages etc. would load at this point and there would be a yellow triangle on the network icon in my taskbar) and somehow my phone connected. As soon as my internet connection came up, the connection would end and Spotify would stop detecting my phone.

I have no idea what the logic is behind this, but at least now I have at least some kind of method of syncing offline songs to my phone. I'm just so confused right now about how this is even possible. Surely it would be cool to have a proper solution to this, but this'll do for now. Thanks for the replies.

Idk if you found the solution yet.

But here is something that can help.

go into spotify.com and log in.

Go into your profile.

go into OFFLINE DEVICES tab

and then remove your device from that list.

Your device should be detected after that.

If your device isnt on that list and it still doesnt sync,

then this isnt solution for you.

Suggested posts