Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me cancel and there is no option to update my payment method!!!!

Solved!

Spotify won't let me cancel and there is no option to update my payment method!!!!

There is no update payment method button or anything like that, please help before spotify forces me to cancel my card because they won't stop taking my money

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jla0928 wrote:
Ok so I figured out how to get rid of it. It guess I had started the subscription through iTunes even tho I used the Spotify app. So I went to the iTunes Store, went to my account info and there is an option to manage subscriptions. There is an option to turn off the "auto renew" for the monthly payment. I hope this helps! 🙂

@jla0928 is correct, if you subscribed to Spotify through apple you need to follow the above steps to cancel the 'Spotify' subscription, as Apple run the payments through their system.

Out of observation, if you still want premium you save money by subscribing directly through Spotify rather than through Apple. Apple are incredibly annoying with their taxes and their walled-garden approach to subscriptions etc, so it's best in future to never use Apple for monthly payments if you don't have to, as more often than not you'll end up paying more, and it causes this sort of confusion (as Apple always do, hence Android>Apple 🙂 ).

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am having the same exact problem. They have no support or help and no option to alter the account after they get your card number.

So what do I do? Do I have to cancel my card just to get spotify to **bleep** off? I rufuse to let spotify make me pay them the greedy twats

Ok so I figured out how to get rid of it. It guess I had started the subscription through iTunes even tho I used the Spotify app. So I went to the iTunes Store, went to my account info and there is an option to manage subscriptions. There is an option to turn off the "auto renew" for the monthly payment. I hope this helps! 🙂
Marked as solution

@jla0928 wrote:

@jla0928 is correct, if you subscribed to Spotify through apple you need to follow the above steps to cancel the 'Spotify' subscription, as Apple run the payments through their system.

Out of observation, if you still want premium you save money by subscribing directly through Spotify rather than through Apple. Apple are incredibly annoying with their taxes and their walled-garden approach to subscriptions etc, so it's best in future to never use Apple for monthly payments if you don't have to, as more often than not you'll end up paying more, and it causes this sort of confusion (as Apple always do, hence Android>Apple 🙂 ).

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts