Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open

Spotify won't open

I have an iPhone. I updated my spotify app with the latest update and it won't open. I hit the app and it just goes back to the home screen
9 Replies

Can you check the first post in this bug topic to see if it helps. I'm going to move your post to the iOS topic for ease of reference.

I'm having the same issue and nothing seems to be working. I need music, help!

Hello I'm new to spotify and not very technical so be gentle!! I use spotify on my iPad and iPod. Today it won't open. When I open it I get three white dots and then goes immediately closes. This happens on both devices. I have tried uninstalling spotify and then reinstalling it. Didn't work. All advice gratefully accepted. We had it all set up with music for a party tomorrow so crisis looming! Thank you.

@irishmolly wrote:
Hello I'm new to spotify and not very technical so be gentle!! I use spotify on my iPad and iPod. Today it won't open. When I open it I get three white dots and then goes immediately closes. This happens on both devices. I have tried uninstalling spotify and then reinstalling it. Didn't work. All advice gratefully accepted. We had it all set up with music for a party tomorrow so crisis looming! Thank you.

Hey @irishmolly ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try performing the region workaround described in this bugs topic

You might need to restart your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen before the changes take effect. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the welcome Peter!

Followed your advice on region format change and no joy.  Have done all the installing / reinstalling over and over.  Very disillusioned with spotify I have to say.  Any other suggestions?

Hi, I'm having this same problem and the suggested solution hasn't worked. Please can you advise? I'm paying for the service and I can't use it.

I have the same problem, worked around it by loading the Spotify app before connecting to my bluetooth speaker, reproduced the issue when connecting then loading. I have an iPhone 4.

Omg turning off Bluetooth worked. I had re-installed with bt on, restarted several times, reset password but just kept kicking me back to home screen. Turned off blue tooth and got right on. Thank you!

This worked for me too. Bluetooth off before opening app.

Suggested posts