Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play a certain album on iPhone app.

Spotify won't play a certain album on iPhone app.

I have iPhone 4 with iOS 7 and a premium account. The songs on the album appear to be playing but the track playing time doesn't appear at the bottom or if it does, it doesn't go forward. Even stranger, when I viewed Spotify from my locked screen mode, the track time was moving but there was no sound. This was only on the locked screen and now it doesn't even do that. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it doesn't help. I logged onto my account with my boyfriend's phone and then everything worked fine. I have no local files or whatnot in the app.
10 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Even stranger, it plays on the mac desktop app.

Could you try uninstalling spotify then reinstalling it.

Just tried... The same issue. The album is the soundtrack from the despicable me 2 movie...

Btw I'm using free mode. But this issue is limited (for what I've been able to understand so far) to one album. But the behavior is just like described. On lock screen seems to be playing and the time is counting. On the app does not show time and has the pause button like it was playing.

I have the same issue with a bunch of tracks, a friend of mine sent me his playlist and none of the songs will start. The "timebar" doesn't move, neither showing how many minutes the song is.

That's strange. Does the friend that sent you the playlist reside in the same country as you do?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Yes, he lives just a couple of miles away from me

Would you mind linking us to the playlist and let us know which tracks aren't playing on your iPhone?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

It's basically all of the songs on this playlist: 
Http link:
ZZZZZzzzz

URI:
ZZZZZzzzz

my problem got fixed today, deleted spotify from my phone, and deleted the playlist from the computer aswell, waited about 30minutes or so. when i downloaded spotify again, the playlist worked 🙂 
maybe  this will work for you guys aswell? 

Suggested posts