Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won’t play any playlists.

Spotify won’t play any playlists.

I’ve been trying to play my playlists (on mobile), but whenever I try to open them, a “Couldn’t open link” message appears. This also happens when I try to play playlists created by Spotify. I tried logging out, deleting the app, and restarting my phone (iPhone 😎 but nothing has worked. Please help!!

36 Replies

Plz fix Spotify 

6D0D7B67-C816-4853-800F-AC5D44A1F07A.png

I am having the same issue. I have iphone X and always get the following message: "Spotify can't open this type of link on this device". Can't open any of my playlists. Can only listen music through artist's albums. Anyone knows how to solve this? 

Same! It only plays albums or artists, it says that the type of link wont open on my device (iphone 6s) just an hour ago! Never happened before 

I did literally everything you've done, and I'm getting the same result. What is going on???

Ive deleted it like 5 times now, cleaned all the docs at settings, and still doesnt work

Yes, I’m having the same problem! I’ve reinstalled the app a couple of times and checked to see if the loactaion is correct but still not working. Glad it’s not just me.

Same problem

litteraly thought it was my iphone problem, but everyone is having this problem. probably a bug. FIX IT SPOTIFY I NEED MUSIC

Me too!! Nothing has worked and all I want to do is listen to music it shouldn’t be that hard. 

i haven’t been able to play my music since this morning...

The same problem has been happening to me and it’s so annoying can someone please help me!

Same problem! It's so annoying. Spotify please fix the bug! So frustrating 😩

I don’t know if the problem got resolved or if it’s still happening to people, but I’m able to listen to playlists when not connected to WiFi. If you have been, try putting your data on instead.

I think it’s a apple thing. Cause my daughter can get on her playlist fine. She has a Samsung phone. Honestly sick of apple because of all the issues there updates cause. Apple get your sh*t together 

**bleep** I turned off my WiFi also and now my playlist is working. But why.  Will this effect my data. 

I took the advice from one of the other post and shut off WiFi and it works. 

Okay, I don’t know if this is still happening with people, but it somehow corrected itself when I

1. Shut off my WiFi and went on LTE

2. Completely closed out of Spotify and opened it again 

3. Turned my WiFi back on (so I wouldn’t be using data)

...and then everything went back to normal. If you’re still having issues, I hope this helps.

Suggested posts