Premium

Country

US

Device

IPhone12

Operating System

iOS - current

My Question or Issue

I have 4 Echo devices which I’ve never been able to get to fully work with Spotify. Recently I told each one of them “connect to Spotify” and now I can see them in the available devices, but the “everywhere” speaker group still ain’t listed. I can also connect to each one through Bluetooth, but that won’t let me play to more than one. 

So far I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling Alexa, disconnecting Spotify from Alexa in the app, disconnecting Spotify from Alexa by web (requesting a desktop version) and recreating the speaker group. Anything else I can do?

4 Replies

Hey @Anti-matt-er

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If the steps you've tried so far couldn't help we suggest performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on your iPhone as well. Make sure you restart both your mobile device and all the speakers once you're done. 

In case this persists, check if all devices are connected to the same network. It's also worth restarting your network device (router or modem), then logging out and back in to the Spotify app. Make sure you check if you observe the same when connecting to a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Keep us in the loop here. 

I think I found a "fix" to this. 

Probably an Alexa issue...

I posted it here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/FIX-for-Alexa-Multi-Room-Group-Problems...

I suspect it's a Spotify for iPhone issue. I have the same problem on my iPhone, but if I use Spotify for Mac and select the "Everywhere" group, it works perfectly.

I've been also experiencing an issue with Spotify for iPad and iPhone as the "Everywhere group" seems to only play on one speaker, usually the "first" speaker added to the everywhere group on the Alexa app. The issue, however, does not occur on the Mac and Windows version of Spotify. Hopefully, Spotify rolls out an update for both iPadOS and iOS versions of their Spotify app.

Suggested posts