Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't show up on lock screen

Solved!

Spotify won't show up on lock screen

The spotify bar wont show up om my lock screen while playing music. It´s been this way since I downloaded the IOS 11 beta, but i just downloaded the official IOS 11 yesterday and it´s still not showing up. The only solution i´ve found is to restart the phone, but this is annoying and i shouldn´t have to do this every time. I´ve also tried to delete the app and download it again, but this doesn´t  work either. 

So the music is playing in the background, but it doesn´t seem like it´s "connecting" with the phone. 

58 Replies

Thanks. Unfortunately I updated to this software yesterday and it still doesn’t work today in the car unless I turn my phone off and then back on, super annoying.

Same, it won’t let me change the song through my Bluetooth headphones or car either. It’s super annoying.

this happens to me too but an easy solution that somehow works for me is: lock your screen and then try to change volume with the screen still off. i’m not sure why but the spotify bar comes back up after that

Also same here – when I listen with my Earpods an press the Pause button once, it stops the music and opens Apple Music instead of just pausing Spotify.
And like in the control center, the play and pause section also doesn't appear on my apple watch as it used to last week.

I downloaded iOS 11.01 and I still can’t use Spotify controls when in lock screen. Please fix the issue it’s really annoying. Deleting and re-downloading the app doesn’t fix the issue. 

I downloaded this update relatively quickly after it came out and unfortunately it didn't seem to do a whole lot. Maybe the "new" new update they have now will help? 

Joining the please fix petition.

I feel like Apple is trying to take Spotify away because they know apple music is crappier

Nope. It still works only for a short time. Then I have to reboot the device even on 11.0.1.

My iPhone doesn't recognise Spotify on the lockscreen either or on the bit where you slide up, it's very frustrating and started happening after I downloaded ios 11. sigh

Since I updated i have this exact problem. Fix soon or I will move to tidal or Apple Music.

I’ve got the exact same problem. After updating my iPhone I can’t access Spotify on the lock screen. My headphone controls don’t work either, just the volume control. What’s going on? Where’s the fix?? 

I have the same problem, it doesn’t show on my lock screen also on my control center. Please fix this immediately. I have 11.0.2 iOS update, and still not working

I recorded a video where I couldn’t access Spotify through control center and I have to go to the app to pause or change the music. I couldn’t record the lock screen issue, but it doesn’t appear there too

I hope the issue will be solved ASAP

thank you

I've been having the same issue! It's extremely annoying as I have to unlock my phone and go to the Spotify app again just to switch to the song I want. I fixed it (or so I thought) after updating my phone to IOS 11.0.2 but it started up again. Any suggestions? 

SAME! I'M FLUSTERED

Just soft reset you phone.

i did it and its working now

Marked as solution

I had this problem too. Opening the music app then closing it (double-clicking home and swiping up) usually fixes the problem for me.

Also having this issue

Restarted my phone and it seems to be working for now! Make sure you also have your notification turned on for Spotify as well! 

Still not working for me, having tried all of the prescribed remedies.

Had this problem. Never showed in lock screen. Occasionally volume controls not working on side of the phone in lock mode, also issues with in-line controls . Soft reset seems to have fixed issues. 

Suggested posts